Psychotherapy Services Offered
- Psychotherapy with all age groups
- Anxiety and depressive disorders
- Grief and loss
- Developmental crises
- Life transitions
- Stress management
- Family issues
- Behavioral concerns
My practice is focused on using Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy, which is an evidence-based therapeutic intervention used to target unhealthy thoughts and behaviors which can contribute to negative feelings. By changing the way we perceive ourselves, our relationships, and the world we can then change the way we react and feel. I also integrate Client-Centered Therapy which emphasizes the importance of genuineness, unconditional positive regard, and empathy to bring forth a more congruent view of yourself.
- To listen: I want to understand your life struggles. Successful change is brought about through deep understanding and the first step to do this is through listening. Effective communication is also done through listening.
- To motivate: My goal is to help you discover the right path for you and to uncover the barriers that have permitted this from happening.
- To support: Taking a new or different path can be challenging. I will support you along the way.
Psychotherapy can be used to:
- Reduce symptoms of depression and anxiety
- Learn how to self-accept and improve self-confidence
- Create a better sense of self-awareness
- Address destructive patterns
- Strengthen social relationships
- Integrate problem solving techniques
- Gain an understanding of internal perceptions of us, others, and the world
- Learn how to adjust unhealthy coping and negative thoughts and teach healthy coping mechanisms